Shoppers to Discover Elevated Gift Offering, Compelling Prices and Superior Shopping Experience — Including Free Ship to Store Offer
Season Supported by “New list. New gifts. Who knew!” Marketing Campaign
PLANO, Texas, Nov 10, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) –
J. C. Penney Company, Inc. (NYSE: JCP) today announced the launch of its Christmas gift program, inviting shoppers to discover the brand’s elevated gift assortment, while showcasing the great value in shopping with JCPenney. With its selection of innovative, high-quality gifts, along with convenient shopping options and outstanding customer service, JCPenney once again demonstrates its leadership as America’s shopping destination this Christmas.
“Customers will continue to be smart and savvy when shopping for friends and family this Christmas. That’s why we have made it our mission to bring our customers our most exciting assortment of affordable gifts yet — all delivered with outstanding customer service and a convenient, easy shopping experience,” said Liz Sweney, JCPenney’s co-chief merchant. “Our gifting strategy this season will be supported by a strong promotional calendar and our integrated marketing campaign, ‘New list. New gifts. Who knew!,’ which includes a comprehensive digital platform to reach more mobile users and drive customer engagement.”
The Gifts Topping Everyone’s List:
JCPenney’s assortment takes gifting to a new level this season with exciting, must-have gifts at compelling prices including:
* Unique items such as an Execuheli remote control helicopter ($19.99), DiscoveryKids digitalcamera ($29.99), Babycakes(R) cupcake maker ($29.99), or Sharper Image(R) U-Video camera ($49.99). New to JCPenney’s gift assortment this year is its iHome collection, enhancing an iPod or iPhone experience with items such as an iHome portable speaker ($19.99) or iHome app-enhanced alarm clock dock ($99.99). Even pets are not forgotten with a range of giftable items from Animal Planet(R) ($9.99-$21.99). Items such as photo coasters ($9.99) and travel Bingo set ($4.99) make great stocking stuffers.
* JCPenney’s private brands feature giftable items such as Men’s St. John’s Bay (R) long sleeve sueded polos and henleys ($12.99), Women’s a.n.a(R) “Kat” smooth slouch boots ($39.99) or Women’s St. John’s Bay(R) cashmere-blend pea coat ($112.49 and under). Teens will love styling with the retailer’s fun collection of funky hats, scarves and gloves ($11.99-$19.99) from The Original Arizona Jeans Company(R) and a cooks(R) hard anodized 13-pc. cookware set ($179.99) is ideal for holiday entertaining. Customers can also find gift items from today’s top national brands such as a Levi’s(R) Red Tab(TM) 511(TM) skinny jeans ($36.99), Nike(R) varsity fleece hoody ($34.99), Relic(R) Women’s crystal accent white resin watch ($52.50), Skechers(R) “Twinkle Toes” shoes ($44.99) or Kid’s licensed sleepwear sets ($9.99 and under).
* Items from JCPenney’s exclusive designer brands make great gifts such as a Claiborne(R) ombre argyle sweater ($19.99), Liz Claiborne(R) sweater with shawl collar ($33.00-$36.00) or “Birkshire” top zip handbag ($39.99), nicole by Nicole Miller cashmere v-neck sweater ($49.99), and One Kiss(TM) by Cindy Crawford diamond pendant ($199.99). JCPenney’s exciting concepts also offer exciting gift options with a drape stripe party dress from MNG by Mango ($39.92) or Men’s fashion sweater from American Living(R) ($29.99).
* The Company’s 231 Sephora inside JCPenney locations will offer an extensive gift assortment ofbeauty products such as a limited edition, travel-friendly palette with 187 makeup products in a dazzling variety of newly updated colors ($48.00).
* Additionally this season, 200 JCPenney stores that do not have a Sephora inside JCPenney beauty boutique will feature a beauty “pop-up” shop, carrying a selection of sought-after beauty and fragrance products and gift sets.
* JCPenney’s gift card selection has been enhanced this year with a collection of “stocking stuffer” gift cards, packaged with unique “extras” for the recipient (ex. Snowman gift card packaged with floam for modeling a snowman).
Christmas Shopping Made Easy:
New this year, JCPenney will be offering free ship-to-store and free home shipping on orders of $69or more on jcp.com everyday into 2011. Additionally, with JCPenney’s multi-channel shopping options – stores (mall and off-mall) and jcp.com – as well as its convenient services (portrait, salon, Santa gift registry, gift wrapping, monogramming, etc.), easy return and shipping options, extended store hours, in-store FindMore smart fixture, and “Know Before You Go” features on jcp.com, Christmas shopping at JCPenney has never been easier.
Customers shopping JCPenney this season will find associates committed to providing superior customer service. All associates are trained under the Company’s CustomerFIRST program, which focuses on empowering every JCPenney associate to make customers their No. 1 priority in order to deliver valuable customer service that exceed customers’ expectations every time they shop with JCPenney.
“New list. New gifts. Who knew!” Integrated Marketing Campaign:
JCPenney’s holiday promotions will be supported by its “New list. New gifts. Who knew!” integrated marketing campaign, showcasing JCPenney as the destination for the gifts topping everyone’s list this season. Featuring powerful merchandise images and fun, bright colors, the campaign incorporates national television spots, outdoor ads, print, digital and direct mail components as well as non-traditional media elements, such as mobile and social media marketing.
* The campaign is anchored by two 30-second television spots – created by Saatchi & Saatchi – which will air on major television and cable networks throughout the season. Titled “Who’s on your list” the spots highlight various gift recipients enjoying their gift from JCPenney. Additionally, JCPenney will air a 30-second spot highlighting its Salvation Army Angel Giving Tree online initiative.
* The Company has launched a mobile commerce site (m.jcp.com) allowing users to make purchases on jcp.com directly from their phone; added enhancements to its mobile apps available on iPhone, iPad and Android; and launched special offers to those who “check-in” to JCPenney from their smartphone using Foursquare(TM) or Facebook(R) Deals via Facebook Places. Along with mobile coupons sent via text, JCPenney will also market to consumers through Apple(R)’s new iAd concept with the launch of an interactive ad that will appear when iPhone and iPod Touch customers use an app on their device.
* JCPenney has also created a Christmas marketing campaign specifically for the Manhattan market. Outdoor marketing will feature strong imagery and fun statements such as “Jingle all the way to 33rd & 6th,” and “Bright lights, merry savings.” All signage will have a call to action, encouraging customers to text JCPenney to receive a link to a mobile holiday site with gift ideas. In the weeks leading up to Christmas, the back of New York’s Metro Transit Authority cards – that every subway traveler purchases, swipes, and, most importantly, keeps all day long – will feature JCP NYC branding with a JCPCA$H special offer. JCPenney’s Manhattan Mall store will also be offering special branded shopping bags throughout the season.
* A dedicated “gift hub” on jcp.com allows customers to easily view the great gift offerings available at JCPenney this season. Customers can search for gifts by price range (under $25, under $50, $50 and up), by person/category (for him, for her, for home, for Juniors, for guys, for kids, for baby, toys) and even view the “Top 10″ gifts by person/category. Additionally, a special social commerce app on JCPenney’s Facebook page will allow customers to view and purchase items from JCPenney’s gift assortment.
This press release has an accompanying Smart Marketing Page providing further details about the organization, products and services introduced above. You can access the Smart Marketing Page via the following link: www.businesswire.com/smp/christmas-at-jcpenney.
JCPenney, one of America’s leading retailers, operates over 1,100 department stores throughout the United States and Puerto Rico, as well as one of the largest apparel and home furnishing sites on the Internet, jcp.com. Serving more than half of America’s families each year, JCPenney offers a wide array of private, exclusive and national brands which reflect the Company’s vision to be America’s shopping destination for discovering great styles at compelling prices. Traded as “JCP” on the New York Stock Exchange, the $17.6 billion retailer is transforming its organization to support its Long Range Plan strategies to build a sustainable, profitable enterprise that serves its customers, engages it associates and rewards its shareholders. For more information visit www.jcpenney.net.
SOURCE: J. C. Penney Company, Inc.Email This Post
Category: Daily News