There is no way around it – English is the universal language. In school, when surfing the internet or while traveling, SmartDict Dictionary English is a handy reference guide that may be used conveniently on the iPhone, iPod touch and the iPad. Over 350,000 English words and phrases are presented offline – in a more informative and detail oriented way than ever before. SmartDict Dictionary English is not only a translation tool, but may be used to enhance the vocabulary of an individual or serve as a reference guide – even for native speakers of the English language. It is now being offered at an introductory price of $ 0.99 instead of $ 1.99.
In a nutshell:
- App-Introduction: SmartDict Dictionary English
- Linguatec-App for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
- More than 350,000 words and phrases
- 9,000 illustrative photos
- Works completely offline
- Translates words into more than 100 languages
- Price: For one week $ 0.99 instead of $ 1.99
- Link: http://linguatecapps.de/
Classical dictionaries are quiet brief when explaining or translating a word: To blame is the lack of space when printing on paper. The digital world however offers vast amounts of space. The language experts at Linguatec saw their chance to present the ultimate dictionary.
SmartDict Dictionary English – an app that collects more than 350,000 words and phrases of the English language in an offline database. The information it contains may be used anywhere in the world – even without an internet connection. Especially abroad, where the app would be used more intensively, high roaming charges could accumulate.
SmartDict Dictionary English distinguish itself from ordinary dictionaries by offering an extensive amount of benefits when addressing each single word. After the user selects an English word from the alphabetical list of suggestions or one that was found through the search, the app offers amongst other things the following information appropriate for the term:
- Display of illustrative photo (9,000 on file)
- Description of word type and article
- Illustration of hyphenation
- Information regarding grammar and style
- Correct pronunciation according to IPA and SAMPA
- List of various meanings for a word
- Identification of appropriate synonyms and antonyms
- Detailed inflection chart
- Examples of the correct application of a word
- Typical word combinations from everyday life
- Generic and sub terms
- Derived terms
- Diminutive terms
- Information about the origin of a word
- Translation of a word into more than 100 languages
The app SmartDict Dictionary English distinguishes itself not only through its detailed word introduction, but also by applying a special operating concept. It has the capability to fade out individual elements from the page. If somebody has no interest in hyphenation or the spoken language for example, this may be hidden.
Additionally the app features a tool view that can be opened through a simple tap. It allows the user to establish a favorite list, so that important words may be accessed easily at a later point in time. Furthermore it has the ability to store personal notes, change the font size and run a word or online image search. The sidebar also offers the option of changing the interface of the app by selecting one of the nine featured skins.
SmartDict Dictionary English is now in the App Store: Available for one Week at a Bargain Price
SmartDict Dictionary English for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad is available immediately. The app (222 MB) is normally priced at $ 1.99 and may be found under the category “Reference”. This week only the app is being offered at an introductory price of just $ 0.99.
SmartDict Dictionary is also available for Spanish and German. These two apps are also being offered at a special price of just $ 0.99 for one week.
Source TypemaniaEmail This Post